-- please click to enlarge --
The nice and conveniently furnished holiday apartment "Balcon del Mar" is located in the nature reserve "Cerro Gordo", above the picturesque bathing resort La Herradura on Andalucian's Costa Tropical.
The Costa Tropical is protected against northern winds due to its location on the Mediterranean Sea and its proximity to Sierra Nevada, with the highest mountains of the peninsula – these circumstances create a microclimate with more than 320 days of sun per year. This particular coastal region, with its cliff lines and charming, secluded bays, has almost remained unaffected by mass tourism. The distance to Malaga respectively Granada is ~60 km (about 1 hour drive).
The holiday apartment accommodates up to 5 people.
• 85 sqm. living area
• wheelchair access
• community pool opened all-season, lift to the pool
• balcony with sea view
• air conditioning for cooling and heating
• living / dining room
• satellite-TV and cd-player
• 2 bedrooms, 1 guest bed
• 2 bathrooms
• fully equipped kitchen
• dishwasher, microwave, oven, ceramic stove top, fridge, freezer
• separate utility room with washing machine, steam iron, ironing board
• sufficient bed linen and hand towels
• basement garage, remote-control for garage door
• access to apartment by lift
• security service
Free and shared facilities for guests:
• pool and sunbathing area
• BBQ at the pool with small, roofed bar
• paddle tennis court
• basketball court
Attractions and trips:
• Diving centre in La Herradura (2 km, English and Spanish speaking stuff)
• Several agencies on the beach (English speaking) where you can rent
• sailing boats, kayaks or surfboards
• Alhambra in Granada
• Picasso Museum in Malaga
• Dripstone caves in Nerja
• Skiing area in the mountains of Sierra Nevada
La Herradura belongs to the community of Almuñecar. It has an impressive bay that fascinates everybody right away who is visiting the Costa Tropical for the first time.
The nature reserve “Cerro Gordo” in the West and the mountain “Punta de la Mona” in the East provide for tranquillity and shield ships as well as bathing guests from westerly and easterly winds.
The characteristic beach of La Herradura is a pleasant and ideal place to linger on, with numerous bars on the beach and restaurants where you can indulge yourself with regional specialties such as seafood, delicious paella and, of course, exquisite wine.
The sea in La Herradura is incredibly abundant, hence it has become a centre of water sports. Several clubs offer courses either for beginners or advanced learners in all kinds of aquatics. On the beach or at the “Paseo Andrés Segovia” you may at any time go in for water skiing, sailing, paragliding or other sports.
Close to the holiday apartment you will find three golf courses: Anoreta Golf, Baviera Golf and Los Moriscos Golf.
• The Costa Tropical in Andalusia is located between the Costa del Sol and the Costa de Almería and occupies a particularly beautiful part of the coast, which has the best conditions to spend wonderful holidays.
• The Costa Tropical is located directly on the Mediterranean and the proximity to the north of Africa and the Sierra Nevada mountains with the highest peaks of the peninsula protects the area from the cold north winds. A subtropical microclimate with 320 sunny days a year makes it possible to grow tropical fruits in the lush valleys.
• The nearest airport is Málaga Airport (about 1 hour drive), but also Almeria and Granada are an option.
• More details about the area you can find on our Andalusia-Info-Page.
• More details about La Herradura are described on our La Herradura-Info-Page.
you will receive detailed directions upon booking